1. What happens to my listing? After you enter your listing on Roommate
Locator, it can be found immediately on our search results/query page. Your
contact information will be made immediately available to the member of our
“Friends Program.” After 90 days you contact information will only then be
made available to the general public. That is, users outside of our
Friends Program will then be able to access this information.
2. How can I make my contact information available to the general public
right away? If you upgrade your account to the Trial Plus Plan or higher, your contact
information for your listing will become immediately available. Your listing will also be
one of the top listings on our search/query page.
3. What will upgrading my account do for me?
- You pay a one time fee to be able to view the contact
information on our most current listings.
- You will have one upgraded listing, but you will always be able to
login and view the contact information for our most current listings.
- Your contact information will be made available to the general public
from day one.
- Your first listing will be upgraded (Trial Plus Plan or higher). This means that it will be found
near the top of the query page and designated as a “Friend” with an icon.
4. If I choose NOT to upgrade your account, when will my
contact information become public? 90 days from your posting date.
5. Why did Roommate Locator make such a change? Roommate Locator has been
free and online for going on 12 years. There are expenses associated with
our site such as:
- Hosting fees
- Technical assistance
- Office rental
- Advertising and marketing
Yes, our site has been well trafficked and yes we do have ad revenue but
that is not enough to pay our bills. Our staff has no desire to see our site go
the way of Pets.com and Garden.com and we do not feel that our users would
want to see that either. We plan to be here for years into the future. It
is our hope that you will understand the need for such a change.
6. How To Join! First you need to add a listing to the database. At the bottom of the page you will see a two buttons that say "Free Listing" and "Upgrade Account". Select "Upgrade Account" and then click "Add My Listing!". After that following the instructions given.